Thursday, September 13, 2012

Daily Living

We are 4 weeks into the school year and back into the fall routine of various activities with the start up of piano lessons, AWANA Tuesdays, and soccer Saturdays just to name a few. I'm slowly finding my new normal with having only Mason during the day and my little buddy and I seem to fill up our days together no matter what's on the schedule. 

 Making some banana bread!

Tractor puzzle!!

Our first Soccer Saturday of the season!!! We had to have red pancakes in honor of Carson's team--the Red Robins :)

 


















Keeping it out of the goal!

Go CJ!

Carson scoring!!

my little goalie
 Austin has been wanting to make these "pretzel wands" and last weekend was the perfect time to make this simple and yummy treat!



movie night with Boz!!


A little inspiration brought on by some Sunday afternoon football perhaps?!

Game time! ;)
 
gotta love it :)
Due in part to now having 2 school-age boys (as well as various circumstances that have taken place over the past few days), this particular season in life has brought me to realize even more just how short life really is, and that how we live this life on earth says something about us and about WHO we are truly living for. To say that I want to make the most of these days given is no cliche. There have been countless songs with "those lyrics" that spoke directly to my heart with tears to accompany, words written on the pages of books that have brought Scripture to life in a new way and God's Word written so plainly that it's Truth is undeniable and quite convicting. The verses practically jumping off the pages at me!  
   "..If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." (Luke 9:23)

That's the latest verse that's been resonating through my mind as of lately. John Piper's words of explanation are just as convicting and I couldn't help but share them:
    
      "Daily Christian living is daily Christian dying. The dying I have in mind is the dying of comfort and security and reputation and health and family and friends and wealth and homeland. These may be taken from us at any time in the path of Christ-exalting obedience. To die daily the way Paul did, and to take up our cross daily the way Jesus commanded, is to embrace this life of loss for Christ's sake and count it gain. In other words, the way we honor Christ in death is to treasure Jesus above the gift of life, and the way we honor Christ in life is to treasure Jesus above life's gifts." (John Piper in Don't Waste Your Life)


As we go about our daily living, I pray that we as a family of five will abide by this Truth. And in the everyday, no matter how mundane the task or big the challenge He requires of me, my Jesus is glorified and treasured above all!!!
 

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Great thoughts... so true! Keep the pics coming! So fun to see your boys grow up... Next week... wanna meet at Mcdonalds to chat... we may be passing thru! (let you know when the plans are solid)

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...