Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snow much fun!!

As long as it's here, we might as well enjoy it! And I'm referring only to the snow. Not the temperatures that are keeping it here. I grew up in the frozen tundra (aka...Minnesota) so you'd think I'd be pretty used to waking up to the sub-zero numbers. Yes, I got a few one-eyebrow-raised glances when I waltzed into Walmart not wearing a jacket when the outdoor temp. hovered right around 5 degrees. Mason was bundled up like a puffy marshmallow...and I did have on a heavy sweatshirt, but apparently that still caused confusion amongst a few Winnemuccans. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the sub-zero consistency keeping us indoors when there is snow to play in. And yes, I have put my jacket on. ;)
Despite the bitter cold outside we have kept the "indoor play" quite simple and yet fun...including a wrestle session with mama! 


now don't we just look enthused?!
Mason and Carson coloring together
MICRO-MACHINES!!! :)

...a new-found love ;)
A delightful break was given from the tundra temps earlier in the week, so we put our outdoor gear to use and braved the deceiving warmth of the brightly shining sun bouncing off the icicles and crunchy snow. 

Austin playing his ice trumpet

Icicle fight!!!!!
The leaning snowman....
L.O.V.E him!!! :)
sharing an icicle with my Carson :)
And then we found a missing candy-cane ornament!
A new meaning of "trimming the tree"










                 The deep freeze has returned for a brief stay and so the cupboards are lined with flavorful hot cocoa. The heart of winter is once again alive and well. And even if we have to enjoy the snow from the other side of the glass, I am thankful for the heat surrounding us and the beauty God has laid before us in these frozen flakes. And it also allows for more snuggle time with my 4 favs. :) 

...mmmmmmmmm :)
A candy cane kiss in your cocoa....










1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Looks like you guys have some fun indoor activities going on... It has been frigid here... too cold to play outside... we've been drinking the hot chocolate and baking lots of cookies!!!! Lots of Candy Land and Go Fish too... Tis the season! Blessings to you guys, friend!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...