Friday, September 13, 2013

24 Hours

A few weeks back Andy and I were talking about this fall routine we would now find ourselves in and how it wouldn't come without some new changes. Nothing major. Nothing life-altering. Small yet significant and even faith-stretching changes. Relationships, piano lesson times & students, new soccer sidelines for both the older boys (& a much bigger field!), 3 boys & 3 levels of AWANA (Cubbies, Sparks, TNT), a change in the daily school schedule including a late-start day, stepping out in faith with a new Bible study, just to name a few. Some of these changes bring with it a craziness that could easily become stressful...and it does at times. But we talked about how within these changes, God remains our one and only constant, giving us a consistent 24 hours in a day--which has not changed since the beginning of creation. How we adapt to these scenarios is up to us, including how we manage those 24 hours that God has given. Not a minute more. Not a minute less. 
Mason loves his firetrucks ;)
I could easily complain how some days are so jam-packed that I've seriously considered working out a contraption that would allow me a way to plug in my coffee-maker and crock-pot into the van as we make our way from point A to point B to point....Q. But still there are days when the clock seems to tick at a snail's pace, in which my coffee remains piping hot from that first creamy sip!     
ice cream time....in blue cones! :)
We're given 24 hours. Guaranteed. That's a lot when you really think about it. Multiply it by 7 and you got quite a bit of time on your hands in a week! (168 hours! There--I did the math for you) I could mumble, no rant and rave, as to how there simply aren't enough hours in a day but then, in a way, wouldn't that be like me telling God what I think is best?! That He didn't do it right when He gave me only 24 hours? Yikes! I don't think I want to tamper with that.
Hopefully I'll think twice the next time I'm tempted to do so. 
 
So as not to leave you picture hungry, here are a few more that tell just a snippet of what we've been doing to fill up some of those 24 hours we've been blessed with. 
Austin ready to kick the ball!
Go Austin!!
Austin going after the ball (black jersey #2!)
soccer cousins--I love how red Austin's face is...he was tired!
ready to defend the goal!
Go Carson!
Carson headed to the goal with the ball!
Yes...this would be Austin mowing the lawn!!
I love the crooked lines ;) He was so proud!
Carson doing a little reading to Mason :)






































No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...