Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Storytelling


a little family time outside...And just look at that sky!!!!!!
Trust. The word that has been intricately woven through nearly every daily detail over the course of these past few weeks. Trust in the big. Trust in the little. Trust in the mediocre. Trust in the mundane. Trust Me in the storytelling.

Best friends for years--Andy and Barcley!!
A great blessing of a weekend being together with the Stamey's!!
So often I want to pick up the Holy pen and write my own chapters to cater to my own fleshly desires. Pair that with sometimes wanting to write the chapters of others stories and you've got one selfish gal on your hands! I want my way, my timing, not His. It sure would save a lot of heartache and tears I think! But then again, I have a feeling He just might be saving me from even more heartache and tears that would be pushing the "unbearable to handle" envelopes. ("just trust me daughter...")

I also know that had God ever fully given me that pen (not even a pencil with an eraser so as to be able to have do-overs), his glory would have been contained to minimal at best. Because it would have been my selfish doing, not His plan with a glorified purpose. And we would have a girl in the mix of this male-driven house; who knows if we'd still live in the NV high desert; friends would not have moved away; family struggles would be kept to a minimum; the iconic Carlson red barn would still be standing proud and strong; but my trust in my Father would be shaky and faulty thanks to less reliance in His way.  I'm sure your story would look a bit different too if given the chance to write it your own way.

Boys making plans!!

Mason ready to get to work!
His face says it all! haha!
Oh yeah Austin!
Tree is down...

Carson's whack at it!
Carson clearing along the fence!
nice hit Mason!
baseball break!



Behind every picture, or collage of pictures, is a story. I can say that for these seemingly simple ones posted right here of this crazy family of five and for so many of those other pictures of yours out there that decorate computer desktops, phone screens, frame the bookshelves and walls in homes, etc. It wasn't just another Easter and a happy family photo, but an Easter that held redemptive hope of some of those we love so dearly; it's not just smiles of boys that received awards but smiles of a joyful afternoon following a stressful morning; it doesn't stop with 3 boys working hard for hours, but going beyond the tick-tock of the clock to build memories alongside their dad with unseen stories to unfold in the future as the working hard for that fort continues; it's more than just the smiles of friends standing side by side & sipping on hot coffee for hours in the coffee shop but the rich conversation as we compare God-stories and prayerfully watch & read with anticipation that next chapter begin to unfold. No. The pen is not mine. Nor do I want it to be. And even if I could write our story, I'd take away the trust in God's pen. I'd be robbing us and others the joy of His redemptive plan and ultimate story to bring Him glory! One of my favorite songs lately is "Trust In You" by Lauren Daigle....oh that we might let our FFof5 story tell His ultimate story of trust and glory and grace!
At the award presentation for his students, Andy was surprisingly recognized as the educator!
rooftop of the Art Museum in Reno!
...when hanging out with my fav. 3rd grader!
Working on my bday wasn't so bad...


love being a MOB!
#forevermyguy

Andy's handiwork....delectable!!







He was SO surprised and excited!!!
Carson was recognized for his artwork in the Art Show!
Art Award!!!
every boy needs a dirt pile!!










time for the big tree to come down!! :)
traditional Easter prep!
Austin's cross--the dots representing the nails and crown of thorns
...always so creative. :)
The dyeing of eggs...



love this gal!
Happy Easter 2016
Our handsome gents!!!
No hiding baskets this year--just a 'here ya go!'
even bubble wands become light-sabers!
no matter how our family story continues to unfold, Christ is the Cross between us!

1 comment:

Natalie S. said...

Loved our visit and the encore visit a few days later! Thank you for sharing your insights and stories - GOD is writing it all, just as you say! I was smiling today as I thought to myself, "God knows exactly what He's doing, it's just that I don't usually get read-in to those plans in advance, and that's always been my biggest problem." HA! And so the lesson in Faith continues on.. :)

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...