Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Break!

It's only the end of day two of our winter/Christmas break and it feels as though we've already packed a lot in...from lazing around all morning in our pj's sipping on coffee and actually watching GMA to playing countless games of hangman and UNO, even a date night with my hotty-hubby and finally finishing that looming thing called present wrapping! And yes, we even baked another batch of those cut-out sugar cookies! Insane? Maybe. Or perhaps I just didn't think we had enough sweets in this house to last us through winter. Reality? We gave most of those kind away and my boys love to decorate and create specialized cookies for those certain someones, so I whipped up another round of sugar cookie dough and away we went a-frosting and a-sprinkling!
 Here's just a few snippets I captured over the past 48 hours....
A new Charlie Brown puzzle

it was 100 pieces but they did it!

Daddy's home for 2 weeks!!! (mason LOVES it!)


 It has been bone-chilling cold out here in the west but the boys have bundled and wandered out into that brown "nothingness"....we may not have white fluffy snow, but we still have crunchy leaves!!!! :)






The boys enjoyed a little cousin-time with Aven...

 
Mason and Aven "chatting" :)


 






...and as previously stated, we've played a few hands of UNO. But I must tell a little Austinism (as I call them) from our game today. Carson changed the color from green to yellow with a WILD card. Austin's turn was next and at first he was highly disappointed as the color was green and he was about to hit me with a green Draw 2! When he noticed that he did indeed have a yellow in his hand and would not have to draw a card from the pile, his voice went up about 3 steps with a song-like "Praise" escaping from his lips. I thought I might see his little hand raise the roof a bit! Needless to say, I rolled over in laughter. And I do believe he went on to win that hand.
my UNO playing boys!

The older two boys have also been busy playing a younger version of Santa as they have put together gifts for Andy and I--they don't even take the time to wrap the box, but rather use their own artistic abilities to "wrap" the box. I like it even more. 
 And even though I showered the last posting with cookie picture after cookie picture, I had to add a few more this time around. They may not be award-winning or be the most glamorously decorated cookies with all the frills and the delicacies of some, but the uniqueness that goes into each hand-crafted one is, in my book, priceless. I'm sure it won't be the last time you see visions of these gracing the blog. 




A cup of tea, a frosted cookie or two (or three...hey, who's counting?!), and a Christmas movie...a quiet way to end the fun chaos of day number 2. 

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...