Monday, January 9, 2012

Renovation....complete!

It took a lot of hours, sweat, cuts, sore hands and random, unplanned yet necessary, trips to the hardware store...but the renovation is complete. And to my selfishly partial eyes, it looks phenomenal!! All shout-outs go to the man of the house, with the occasional help of his 3 trusty side-kicks and adoring wife. ;) There are still a few "touch-ups" that need to be completed here and there, but that will fall into my department as I hit up the Target aisles for those trusty baskets to line the new bare shelf above the washer/dryer. And I do believe we have some lovely accent pieces courtesy of my hubby (think ceramics/pottery)! 

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...
carrying tile to daddy

tiling continues!

Mason getting the spacers out

here you go mama!














grout!


hanging the shelf
a little mosaic

















And now the exciting part--the before and after photos!! :) (and for some reason my "side-by-side" feature wasn't working for these pics)
                                        
                                                                         LAUNDRY ROOM!

                                        BATHROOM!






Yippee!!!! It's finished! :)
 School is back in session after a wonderful 2-week break and I have to say it sorta felt like the first day of school all over again! I got used to having all my boys home and even with those "testing" moments (especially with all the construction going on), it was nice. But lo and behold I made the drive to drop my eldest at the outskirts of the playground and we parted ways as we have all year long--with a hug/kiss/little prayer and the hand sign for "I love you". He continues to turn around to wave and give one more hand signal before heading into the masses to find his friends. Melt this mother's heart every time!
Austin making his lunch for school

t-shirt weather...in January?!
 Carson, Mason, and I are back to the usual daily tasks of reading countless books, crafting, snacking, playing games, etc. etc. etc.
crafting/coloring

remote-control cars!

reading

just being cute :)
 At the end of the busy days, we still find time to gaze in wonder and enjoy those few silent moments to gawk at a sunset that looks something like this....
God's beautiful handiwork!
 ...and even after tireless hours of work (whether it be teaching or renovating), there is always time for a nightly Bible story. I love my men!! :)
nightly Bible story

3 comments:

The Albrecht's said...

The bathroom/laundry room looks phenomenal! Great job Andy!! I just wish mine looked as clean as yours! :) Loving seeing your updates and all your boys!

Amber

Christa Forsythe said...

The bathroom/laundry room looks awesome! Love the tile! We are having crazy, warm weather here too... I'm not complaining, but the giant wildfires north of us is a little bit strange for this time of year!!! Hugs to you!

Fifield Family said...

NICE!!! The family looks great. So happy for you guys :) It is so wonderful to see truly happy people. There's nothing better than love!! Happy New Year!!
The Fifields

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...