Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

I'm pretty sure I've said this before but I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. I'll break them. I'm more of a goal-setting kind of girl. Or maybe that's really just a less intimidating way of saying 'resolutions'! :) Whatever you want to call it, a new year always sparks new beginnings of some kind. As I thought about what goals I want to set and hopefully achieve this year (for myself and Andy & I as a couple), it required a little reflection on 2013 in learning from the mistakes I made and remembering the ways in which my faith was stretched and strengthened. That narrowed the pool down a bit. It helped with the specifics of certain goals.  Not that I make many, but the few I do have I want to at least be realistic.
my New Year's date ;)


Christmas continued with a new year's package from family! Thanks K&R &Co! ;)
As a family of five, our main goal (aka...family motto) for every day of every "new year" is simply stated at the top of our blog...to be a family that has "authentic faith lived in light of eternity." That stems into one of my main goals that is carried over from year to year: being more purposefully kingdom-minded, eternally-focused as I parent my boys, as I lovingly serve and live life alongside my best friend and husband, as I befriend others, and as I strive daily to remain Christ-centered. Realizing how quickly each day goes by and the greatness of society's pull on our children, more so than ever I'm valuing the importance of daily teaching Jesus to my boys. Making it a priority to live out Deuteronomy 6: 5-7 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." 

Whatever God has in store for this Anderson family in 2014, I pray that we will have the faith to take the necessary steps, the courage to take a stand when called for, and the words to speak when Truth needs to be spoken. Happy New Year! :) 

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...