Monday, March 10, 2014

Our God

There's a song that in the "praise and worship world" that would seem to fit the category of being an 'oldie but a goodie.' But for some reason lately, it's lyrics are resonating deep into my heart and even deeper into those parts of my soul that are sometimes caked with dirt. It's really not that old, ....ok 10 years old...but with new songs pumping out into the mainstream daily, this one has had it's fair share of sitting in the #1 spot of Christian music for a while. 

The song I'm referring to is called "Our God" by Chris Tomlin and as I've heard it come across the airwaves these past few weeks, I can't help but nearly blow the speakers as the words rich with Truth are sung out loud and clear. This isn't all of the lyrics, but it gives goosebumps and chills nonetheless:

              Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other.
              Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God! Our God!
              Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other.
              Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God! Our God!
              And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.
              And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
             And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.
             And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
             What could stand against.     

It may come in part to the depth of pain and struggle I know so many are facing...and my heart aches. But our God is Healer. It may come in part to the testing of faith that God is calling us to, knowing we are to persevere. But our God is for us and with us. It may be in part because, through studying James, we sisters have been and are challenged that it's an all-or-nothing kind of life we are called to live as Jesus-followers and Jesus-lovers...who could ever stop us?! It may simply be that as I watch the rain fall (sideways at times), the sun beaming through the clouds, the melting snow form glorious icicles, and the red and blaze orange hues of a sunrise or sunset light up the sky that the words "Awesome in Power" are displayed right before my very eyes....than what could stand against?!
Student Art Show opening! (SO PROUD of my hard-working man)
They love wrestling daddy/uncle Andy!
And it's those simple little things like swimming in the pool, watching movies together with not enough lap room for my boys to sprawl across, tossing a football, playing UNO (for the umpteenth time...), sipping on shakes, that I pause to say thanks.  Amidst the (sometimes) minute-by-minute chaos of life, God graciously sends these little reminders that He alone is still God; He is still our constant; He still loves me and will pick me up out of the mud even when I get stuck; He is my power/strength when I am weak; He needs to be the sole source of my joy and contentment. Period.
CJ
 
AA & CJ with a friend










NV Sunrise! (pics. never do it justice....)
So if you happen to hear this song, don't be afraid to sing along and do a little praisin' today. We did. And it was rich.  

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...