Thursday, September 18, 2014

Calm amidst the chaos

Through the scope of the camera lens, looking back at moments captured, it was brought to my attention that too often in the running here and there of our nonstop days, I'm not stopping long enough to see the blessing in them all. It's more about the headache I feel up front. I've had plenty of those thanks to the constant allergy drip....and sugared-up soccer boys. ;) Not really on that second part--I'm having a good time coaching those crazy 6 & 7 year old boys! It's not the exhaustion from having to cart the boys from one place to the next and back again, but it's taking that lens and zooming in to see the accomplished laughter when a goal is blocked thanks to that hour long practice earlier in the week. It's that same lens seeing and hearing the thrill of excitement in the voice of my boys when reciting God's Word, and then those same gents as they say at the conclusion of Awana, "I got four sections signed tonight!"
my days are filled with fun with this mini-man!

a little Sunday night football :)

heading to put laundry away and I find this lovely little note from my CJ! :)

nice stop Austin!

Goalkeeper--intense!

Kicking off...
It's about not knowing the details of women's lives but rather being so encouraged by their desire to go deeper in their faith as we worship together and come alongside one another on this crazy journey. It's the calming peace, that intimacy we all seek in Him despite the chaos that is ensued in many hearts...an inward clamor that will not stop. And it's learning how to sit still long enough in Jesus' presence to calm down that chaos!!

:)
such joy when one of your children pull out their Bible to read on their own...
It's putting up with and truly caring about 6 and 7 year old boys kicking around a soccer ball, doing their best to score as many goals as possible...all the while trying to just stay up on their feet! (seriously, I think I might try and keep track one of these games as to how many times one of our players falls to the ground!) And not only getting to coach my son, but my nephew as well. Chaos at it's climax. But looking through that lens, a calming joy brought about as each little feat is accomplished and high-five given.
Daniel was pretty excited after scoring!! :)

Here goes CJ!


Goal!!!!!

Go Blue Lightning!! :)

CJ and coach ;)
Even in the most mundane of days there can be chaos, but who wouldn't calm down long enough to enjoy a game or two with this mini-man?!
my little farmer!

fresh garden tomatoes!! Yum!! :)

That's one way to practice our letters....

too tired to sleep ON his bed....hey, whatever works! :)
So whatever chaos might be swirling around, remember that Jesus once stood up and calmed the storm at it's fiercest peak. HE is the calm amidst the chaos, no matter how different it may look for each one of us, and how different that chaos will look from day to day. He is and always will remain our calming constant.
                       "Be still and know that I am God...." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...