Thursday, August 25, 2011

Popsicles, Pools and Push-ups

Normally, in the past, when the new school year is ushered in I can vividly recall a changing of the seasons that is quite evidently looming on the horizon. Most of the back to school ads contain children dressed in jeans, long-sleeve apparel of some sort, socks and tennis shoes. Not sandals, shorts, and tank tops. I don't think NV got the memo. 101 was the temp. yesterday as I drove to pick up my first grader. Just. Plain. Hot.
Carson enjoying his push-up!
  So we have filled our afternoons with the savory and soothing chill of popsicles and orange flavored push-ups. Cooling off in our little pool has worked. Sortof. I'll fill it with ice cold water from our hose but somehow it's more like bath water by the time my boys are in it. Thank goodness for sprinklers whose water always run cold. 
Mason running through the sprinkler

Austin ready for the sprinkler to come back around
 I'll be careful in sounding not too complainatory (yes...I think just made up a word) about the exceptionally warm weather and enjoy each sweltering afternoon, quickly eating up our popsicles before they melt into a sticky colorful mess all over our hands, letting the boys get that sun-kissed look once again.
Popsicles!!! 
Mason doesn't even wait to get his little swim trunks on--he just gets in fully clothed!

CJ & AA

The trio
Summer is still upon us even though school is in full swing. Those "lazy days of summer" have become "lazy afternoons of summer" at our house....and I'm relishing in it. 
Mason splashing away!
My mini-man Mason :)
 

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love your made up words... yes I do! It has been super duper hot here too! And I am enjoying every heat drop... knowing it will be cold before I know it! YEAH for fun falls!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...