Sunday, September 18, 2011

While Daddy is away....

...we play, play, and play! He enjoyed a few days up in the mountains of Northern Nevada hunting with his brother. Me and my 3 sons did the usual, ordinary, everyday run of the mill happenings but amidst those were moments sprinkled with the not so ordinary. Simple fun is always the best fun....including a sleepover on mom and dad's bedroom floor! This posting doesn't have much to say so I'll just let the pictures do the talking. (Be forewarned: I took plenty of them.)
Mason working on his puzzle


Carson decorated the bottom part
Austin's flowerpot
yellow pancakes for breakfast Saturday morning! (Austin's soccer team color)

listening to his coach (#3!)


Austin scoring!
Austin stopping the ball

After the soccer game = park time with cousins!


Carson and Jovi going down at the same time

Mason hiding in the tunnel


CJ swinging
Mason seems to be suggesting to Aven where they should go....
After an exhausting afternoon, it was the usual night-time routine, to which Mason could barely keep his eyes open--so he sang good night around 6.  Blissful. 

*snoring*    
sooooooo tired

...and a movie!!!!
popcorn...
church time!
This afternoon I decided to take the boys apple picking! The catch....it was in our backyard. :) 

so many to choose from!



now where did Carson go???
under the apple tree

Our pickings 


After an afternoon of snacking on our apples and enjoying the sunshine, we concluded to take all this playing indoors. At one point, it got oddly quiet and I hesitatingly grabbed the camera unsure of what sort of boyish destruction I might find behind the bedroom door (and what I might need as proof someday).....here's what my lovingly mothering eyes beheld....

 ...my little budding artists working on their "masterpieces" before daddy comes home. I love my boys. :)

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

That looks like a marvelous weekend... a sleepover in your room sounds genius! I love it! Bet you are glad to have Andy home... sounded like a busy weekend for you! I bet you are tired! Hugs friend!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...