Friday, March 2, 2012

Patient in prayer

This past week I have been witness to, and a part of, a variety of "stories" and happenings where God's faithfulness could not be denied. There's something to that whole practice of being patient in prayer. Parents waiting for a child to call their own (whether naturally or via adoption), couples just waiting for some answers after praying for months (and some, for years), direction finally being given, affirmation of decisions made, a child coming to know Jesus as his Savior...if I continue, this will be quite the run-on sentence. I think you get the idea. 

As I've gone about my week listening to podcasts, reading some heartfelt and amazing books, I've been challenged, reminded, refreshed, encouraged, and a bit more purposeful. I no longer sit outside the circle taking pictures, I choose to become a part of it. 
I watch from the sidelines as my boys play together but also do a little running down the driveway and exploring of the backyard alongside them. Life is too short and they grow up too fast to do otherwise.




Participating in a "wacky Wednesday" at school, thanks to a leap year this year, makes a normal day just that much more fun!

 I'm grateful to catch moments like this...checking on Mason during naptime only to find him sleeping on a pile of books rather than in the comforts of piles of blankets. It makes the frustrations of the morning pretty much disappear.

 As we head into the weekend and the beginning of next week, we continue to practice being patient in our praying as we look forward to Carson's little procedure with getting his tubes in and adenoids out. I didn't say looking forward to the prep work beforehand or seeing my little man in a hospital gown or knowing that he will be in a bit of discomfort when he wakes up. Looking forward to the end results. It'll be another little trip, just the three of us (me, Andy, CJ) and we've already gotten the answers prayed for in regards to some of the finite details.
CJ found this outside and wanted to paint it--"to put in our house because we love Jesus"

Carson with his little lego truck--he put it all together himself!
Whatever it might be that you are waiting an answer for, keep praying...God will answer you, in HIS perfect timing. That requires a little bit of faith and quite frankly at times, a whole bunch of faith! But nonetheless, as I've already said I've been witness to this week, God is most definitely faithful...and to those of us who follow Him, we have some awesome stories to share!!

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

"Remembering" and "Proclaiming' are ways we get that into our heart... we do have so much to be thankful for... God does answer prayer... HE is near to us!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...