Monday, March 19, 2012

What a weekend!

Normally when Andy is away on his hunting excursions or random fishing trips, I compile a hefty list of things I intend to accomplish and continue to slowly chip away at my never-ending list of "want-tos". Not this weekend. While he was fishing the frozen water of Wildhorse and fighting the blizzard-like weather at times (and yet still having a great time with his dad and brother) my to-do intentions were fading as the weekend wore on. With a holiday weekend, we had to have a little fun...so my to-do's became simplified and rather than clean up in preparation for spring, I chose to do the aftermath clean-up of, well, you'll see....
a race-track/road made up of markers and colored pencils

tents and tunnels!

 A little St. Patrick's day fun--
cinnamon rolls with green frosting...

four-leaf clovers....

Carson wanted to make a monster truck pic. for daddy

Austin(on his own)doing the dishes for me "to give you a break from doing them mama" :)

indoor "superfort"!

Shamrock shake time!
 Austin and Carson had a "sleepover" in our bedroom--it's tent camping indoors!! :)

we had lots of snuggle time!

SNOW!!!

they honestly were lovin' it out there!
my smiley guy
 While we had a lot of fun when daddy was away, none of us could wait until he came home!! Mason literally went running and jumping through the house squealing "Daddy is home! Daddy is home!" when he saw the truck pull into the driveway. :) I love this pic of Mason welcoming his daddy home....
 The boys could hardly wait to see daddy's catch (7 was the total I think?) and they helped with the cleaning and even did a little inspecting of this fish's eye...


 I didn't capture the green pancake eating, cookie baking, movie-watching, and all the other "ings" we did...but you get the idea. We're back into a busy week ahead with conferences (gulp--that means my boy only has 9 weeks left until he's a second grader?! noooooo....), the start up of t-ball, that spring-cleaning list to begin, among other things. Next week is spring break (YES!) and even though we kick it off with Carson's CT scan on Monday along with his post-op appt., I'm looking forward to some family of five fun with all my boys!!
 

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Love Austin's comment... what a sweetheart! Glad you survived the weekend... I too was glad to see my hubby after a week absence... these trips away kill me!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...