Friday, March 23, 2012

Signs of spring

We started the week with side-swiping, blowing snow but have ended the week in spring-like fashion! The grass has blades of green scattered randomly amidst the brown, I've swept our entry way daily due to the leftover remnants of sand the boys carry in with them, done loads of "dirty" laundry (read: sand/dirt covered jeans and socks...), dug out the sunglasses to stop the squinting little eyes, and rolled down my windows as I drove to pick up Austin from school. I'm sure there is still a lingering snowstorm around the bend and spring in Nevada is, well, quite frankly unpredictable. But on days like this when the sun is brightly shining and birds are singing and boys are getting lightly sun-kissed, spring is truly here. And we'll make the most of it!
Enjoying the sand!


Austin making a tunnel
We found our necessary baseball equipment as I now have the added title of t-ball mom to my resume once again...winter was a nice break from the sports runnings side of life but we're back at it! (I know...enjoy it now because it only gets worse/busier the older they get...)  But hey, I'm a sports girl so bring it on!! ;)  Today marks the beginning of our spring break and after a rather hectic week, for a variety of reasons, God's timing couldn't have been more perfect (but then again, when is it not...)!!! I, for one, am ready to finally see all my boys and spend some time together doing some things as a family!! We'll be heading to Reno for a few days--the main reason being Carson's CT Scan and post op appt. with the doctor on Monday but then we're going to stay and just have some family of five fun! :) It's a much needed 'break' for all of us--doing those simple things we enjoy and just 'be'-ing.
Jumping-jacks!

Stretching--(my boys are in the blue hats)

Snacks--a must for the mini-man while he looks on

Austin running to left field!

Carson up to bat!

heading out to dinner with my man!
my boys made my bday pretty special--I am truly blessed!
HAPPY SPRING!!!
 

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Happy Spring to you as well! Hope your birthday was fun... ;o)

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...