Thursday, July 19, 2012

more MN memories!

Another MN visit come and gone but more memories have been created and are tucked away in that "MN compartment" of our minds. Both Andy and I keep saying it's a little surreal to be back in our own house, sleeping in our own bed, trying to find our summer groove (to what's left of summer that is) after being away for almost 6 weeks. No matter where you take a vacation, there always seems to be a bit of a va-cay slump and it takes a while before you find that routine again. I'll admit that it's also realizing how fast summer is slipping away and taking advantage of warm summer days, slurping up drippy popsicles, and sitting on the porch in the evening hours with magazines in hand will soon be gone. Or should I say 'replaced' until it comes around again next year. I won't rush it. Just enjoy it while it's here.

Our last week or so in MN proved to be a fun one as we continued to soak up more time with family and friends! (I have pictures from another camera that contain photos of a class reunion, pics with the Gramps & Gran, my cousin Em's grad. open house, other fam., etc. but can't seem to find the cord anywhere, so those might show up in another posting at some point...just a fair warning. ;) )
Who knew inner-tubes could be so much fun?! Some serious laughter with these things....


Sisters!!! No, for real...the pink sisters and the blue sisters. ;) LOVE these girls!!!!

 Hayloft fun with Auntie Karla!

Carson and Warren--wrestling with uncle Keith!
 Farm Fishing!!
Austin----Carson----Warren

my mini-man



Father and Son (Keith & Warren)

Ruth helping take Warren's fish off the line
 Snail Lake with friends!!


love my Sara and Sarah! ;)

 Waconia!!
love my girls!! (Kayla--KJ--Megan)
 Jeff...there's a reason these are made for kids....hahaha! :)

:)
uncle Jim and Mason

Nick, Andy, and Jim looking on....
Megs and Mason!

KJ and Jordan!! :)

Look at these handsome boys!!! Anderson's and Mulvihill's...watch out world! :)

Back at the farm.....
 Mason and Grandpa moments :)

my hottie-hubby rakin' :)

lunch break--mom and I took the guys lunch...little moments like this I love!



Austin riding bareback with Anna!

Cowboy Carson!

homemade ice cream!!

one of my favorite pictures of the summer!
Mason with uncle Keith on the blue tractor :)
Grandma with her oldest and youngest grandchild!!
 I am not one for good-byes, never have been. I'm more of a 'see ya later' kind of gal. I won't hide the fact that tears fell as I turned the wheel onto 35W South and eventually to I-80 West, but no matter what way the wheel turns now or in the future, this earth is not my home. These tears are temporary. We are beyond thankful for the chance to get away each summer for weeks at a time (thanks to family and friends who watch over our house/yard/etc!), to develop and grow those MN relationships, to sortof "check out" as a family of five. It draws us closer...I mean, 25+ hours in a van together across the country would do that to ya...and as we "check back in" to reality, we are still "us", just striving to live a simple life of faith.

 stopping at Echo Canyon on our way home

3 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love that last family picture... so great! Yes, we should catch up soon! So glad you guys had a great time!

Christa Forsythe said...

ps... I'm so glad you are back, because you always comment on my blog and I've missed that!

Karla said...

LOVE!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!
(now come back!)

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...