Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fabulously Fall!!

*just a note--this post will contain photos of dead animal carcases....you've been forewarned! :)*

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Fall has officially arrived...with a touch of winter?!?! The leaves changed and thanks to a mighty blow, distributed themselves across our (still) green grass only to be raked up and redistributed thanks to the eager runnings of little feet. The greyness that accompanied Monday was simply glorious, the sound of raindrops dancing on the rooftop was music to my ears, complete with the snow-capped mountains! The seasonal change at this time of year never fails to be anything short of gradual. Shorts while watching Carson score some soccer goals and 2 days later we're sporting the hooded sweatshirts and jeans, digging ferociously through the closet to find those winter jackets and gloves because we had heard the weather forecast. And yes, this morning, we woke up to a white winter-wonderland! I do like the fact that we get to enjoy the 4 seasons, just maybe not all smashed together in one week. However, I am thankful for the change and that we are still deep in the midst of my favorite season, FALL!!
Good work boys!

Carson & Mason "balancing" leaves on their head

Austin making a....leaf angel?! :)
Carson got a Math Award for his class!!
Soccer Saturday!! And like I mentioned earlier, it was t-shirts and shorts weather for part of the day! Only 2 more games to go for the Red Robins...he's bummed that it's almost over and I'm semi-relieved to have some Saturdays back! :)


It took quite a few hours of "slicing and dicing" and a lot of prep and patience, but Andy's elk now fills our freezer!! Another humble reminder of God's faithful provisions for our family! Elk steaks anyone?! Come on over!!
The hunters (minus Kyle)...Andy with his dad and grandpa!



The guys did the cutting and mom and I did the "food saving" :)

Lately, our house is dripping with those autumn hues of red, orange, yellow, etc. thanks in part to my artistic boys and their vivid imaginations that never cease to amaze me. I could use another wall in order to display that continuous flow of creativity.

A little art time at the table in the Sunday afternoon sun!

so much fun!!

I love their laughter :)

pumpkin bread!
sunset through the trees

snow capped mountains on Monday. 
...snow covered ground on Tuesday. :)

"The snow is EVERYWHERE!"

Mason was stricken with the morning's snowfall
 The sun is shining, clouds are forming, snow is melting, music is playing, coffee is re-heating ;), and I'm pretty sure there is a Good Book that needs reading.
  "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:10-12

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...