Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Elk slayings and other randomness...

In years past when Andy has been on his hunting excursions, it has consisted of him being absent for a week or more. This year, he decided he would just "get 'er done" and shoot his elk on opening morning at 7:30am! :) He came home with clean laundry, meals untouched, and an abundance of meat for our freezer!! Granted, we still have to cut it up and process it, but it's ready and waiting! It was a successful Anderson season all-around with Andy's dad filling his deer tag, Andy's grandpa filling his elk tag, and Andy's brother Kyle filling his deer tag! No meat-supply shortage here! I'm pretty proud of my man and thankful he was able to utilize those awesome God-given hunting skills. I know he would have liked to be out in those hills a little more as that's part of the whole hunting experience, to just "be" in God's creation; one can never predict how a hunting season will go and so we are simply thankful for God's provision in this way! Nice job Andy!! :)
my hottie-hunter-hubby with his elk!! :)
Andy's grandpa with his elk

Packing it out--Kyle, Grandpa, and Andy
a little Nevada desert beauty
some fall color in the desert
Meanwhile, the boys and I kept busy with our usual routine of life and were gratefully graced with Andy's homecoming a whole lot earlier than expected!! 


 A little fall fun package from Grandma!!!
 



When I got Mason dressed, he says to me "I look like my Grandpa!" (my dad is a bib-man...I admit Mason's sentiment brought a few tears to this mama's eyes...

Carson drawing a picture in the fall sun

I love laid-back goofy days......I just love my boys! Period.


what happens when i say "toothless smiles!" ;)

A sweet moment of Mason I just happened to capture
 The leaves have reached their peak and are in the glorious color schemes of brilliant yellows, vibrant oranges, and deep reds. The calendar says it's fall but the weather has us believing otherwise, which does not have any of us complaining.
Fall beauty! 


 Breaking out the bikes...in mid-October?! We'll take it!! Thank you Lord for beautiful fall days and boys who bring endless smiles to our faces!! 

I love Carson's face as Mason runs to him ;)

so much fun!



chasing after daddy!


peek-a-boo....

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...