Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Life as of lately...

There hasn't been anything particularly out-of-the-ordinary that I can necessarily write about; life as of lately has been busily cruising right along!! We're hoping that will change in the coming days and I will have something spectacular to report as Andy heads out into the Nevada wilderness to "bring home the bacon"...aka, an elk. It is once again time for that seasonal fill of family-man-time all the while glassing the glorious mountain-sides for those massive deer species. I'm very thankful that he is able to go and utilize his God-given hunting skills and enjoy being together with the guys, and see some amazing "hidden" Nevada beauty!
let's hope these elk are still here!! (Andy's 'scouting' from last weekend)
We are thoroughly enjoying the fall harvest with the last of the garden goods and those "fall aromas" wafting throughout the house via candles and varieties of baked goodness. We have also finally succumbed to perform the seasonal "changing of the closets", boxing up the shorts and making room for the jeans and sweatshirts. The leaves are changing and we need to relish in their beauty before they fall to the ground...and all too quickly. The boys are, however, excited to rake up the colorful leaves and have those monstrous piles throughout our backyard.

Zucchini!!!!
Austin got all these in one pickin!
Our handsome little nephew PJ celebrated his first birthday and it's crazy to think a whole year has gone by already!! He is quite the little mover and shaker and is truly a miracle from the Lord. His wild fluffy hair, kissable chubby cheeks, and infectious smile make his uniqueness even sweeter and he is definitely loved by so many! :)
Happy Birthday PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

love this little guy!

Proud parents!

I wish I had a better pic. of Carson practicing his ninja moves on this pinata :) Hilarious!!!
Sugar rush!!!! ;)
Carson will be facing his second surgery this winter--December 19th to be exact--and even though I was hoping for a different date, God's timing is inevitably perfect and He ever-so-faithfully worked out all the details. Doesn't He always when we finally just let go and let Him have those things that are out of our control?! I admit that I have a tendency in still wanting to hang on a little bit, even if it's only by a pinky, thinking I know what's best...clearly not so. He ALWAYS does!! As we made the necessary plans, my heart was again reminded that these boys are not my own...they are His but He has allowed me, no....blessed me, with letting me have them as my three sons for the time being. My mind is flooded with thoughts on this topic but I'll keep them my own for now. All I can say is, even though the thought of another surgery is not an easy one, I have peace because I know that HE already knows the outcome and HE will carry us through every step of the way. 
Mason perusing the "hot rod magazine"
Marble game!!! One of those toys that came out of 'hiding' while daddy was gone over the weekend~


With daddy being away hunting for a while, there will still be the usual comings and goings, but maybe we can throw in a few fun twists to make the days go by quicker and the semi-predictable flow of life a bit more memorable. I gladly welcome any ideas.....

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Love reading what you are up to... I miss our daily notes to each other, but life has felt so busy, too busy! I've been meaning to call you, but finding quiet moments seem impossible... and I've been feeling really blue lately -- so I tend to go "inside" instead of seeking others... I hope your week without Andy is going quickly and that his trip is successful! Wish Micah had time for Elk hunting... our freezer is quite empty! But he seems to be busy with seminary greek... hum! Hugs to you my friend. You've been on my mind a lot lately!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...