Sunday, October 6, 2013

Boyish antics

I've said it plenty of times before but it bears worth repeating. I am so thankful that I am a mom of boys...my three sons. They keep me grounded. They keep me guessing. They keep me humbled. They keep me laughing...to tears sometimes. They keep me running on all cylinders, and then some, each and every day!

my Cubbie bear! :)
Mason on the brink of laughing uncontrollably!


pretty nice view from my kitchen window!

We've had a break from soccer this past week and it's been nice. (notice the lack of soccer pics...for this post anyway. haha!) We've crafted, raced, biked, read, goofed, lego'd, baked, took outdoor-advantage of the sunny days and snuggled-in on the cooler ones.
..for his new little cousin! (baby Wienhold!)
Carson making a little craft...




race track time!
Never a dull moment around here....

LOVE THESE GOOFS!! :)
Mason painting
trying to make a police car
Oh. My. LEGOS!

we actually got a pumpkin in our garden this year!!




















We even enjoyed a Saturday morning with the boy cousins, Daniel and PJ!! 
fall-cookie-decorating!!
let the mess begin!! :)
Nice color scheme Daniel!
Daniel making a face
















Mason working on a pumpkin
can we say sugar shakes?!









Austin getting creative
Carson's pumpkin face!
nice work boys! On to the sugar coma....



train time!
star-wars-boys....or the three stooges...take your pick ;)
Love this little man!! Can't believe PJ is 2 years old!!!

Within all the playing and laughing and boyish-fun, there have been moments...hours if you will...when I wanted to turn them in. I can name one day in particular not too long ago. Enough of those 'teachable moments' already! And of course just when I thought they finally got it, nope...they provide yet another one. But at the end of the day when we've trodded through the muck and didn't necessarily have one of our 'best days' as mother and son, those monstrous bedtime hugs and heart-felt prayers of thanks offered up to Jesus make up for the messy moments earlier in the day. And thankfully, the next day is met with "new mercies", a shining sun, and fast footsteps across the floor to greet me with a 'good morning' accompanied by a wide smile and hug. And a fresh pot of piping hot coffee. ;)

We have a lot to be thankful for this past weekend....the biggest boy bringing home a nice looking buck, much to his sons' and wife's delight. Let's just say it's a neat little faith story how God worked out all those hunting details, things that we could have never formulated ourselves. Now it's on to the elk!! :) 
Nice shot Andy!!!!! :)
lookin' good hon!! :)
the boys' first look at the deer
proud daddy and sons!
Have I mentioned yet how thankful I am for all my boys...the handsome big one and those three little gents?? :) 
thumbs up for some hot cocoa--first of the fall season! :)


 







No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...