Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grandma is here!!!

Thanksgiving is over and the hustle and bustle of Christmas has begun, but not too much at our house. I like to savor this season. It always sneaks up as if we should be so unprepared, scurrying around like little squirrels gathering nuts for the winter...and yet it always comes at the same time every year. Dare I admit to taking part in the Black Friday madness with my amazing hubby....but we had a blast! (despite his getting the nasty flu the following day) Trying to get all our Christmas shopping done for both sides of the family in one day is no easy feat, but we nearly succeeded! All I can say is, praise the Lord for online shopping and free shipping! :) Yep, the holiday season is fully upon us and I tend to make the most of it with all my boys. I'm already looking forward to 2 full weeks where we can just...be.

Earlier I mentioned how it's inevitable that tears are formed (and shed) during this season and this year they have been pleasantly subsided as my mom is here for an entire week!!! (we picked her up at the airport the day after our Black Friday excursion) We've done a lot already in the hours she's been at our house and the boys are just soaking up their time with Grandma! More fun and exciting memories being made even as we reminisce about the ones we remember from previous visits. 

on a little walk with Grandma!

AAA

CJA

Mason reading books with Grandma!!
 The last time my mom was here for a visit, we made Christmas cookies....the boys insisted we do that again (including the eldest boy......) :)

 Mason loves his Grandma and daily brings her books to read, specifically Thomas the Train books. She's ever so willing to oblige.
 Having her here has been a tremendous blessing, one I do not take for granted. Rich conversations. Laughter. Watching our favorite movies (ones we watched together while I was growing up). Baking. Cooking. Playing trains and cars with her grandsons. Cherished memories. ;) She will get to celebrate Carson's 5th birthday with us as well later this week so yes, be on the lookout for yet another birthday posting!! I can't believe CJ will be 5!!!!!! I think I'll enjoy one more cup of coffee with my mama before we dive into getting ready for those festivities.....

3 comments:

Raquel said...

Please give your mom a hug from me. I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time.

Kari said...

oh how i want to be there too!

Anonymous said...

Me too!! Prec. boys! Hug my mommy for me

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...