Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Oh. My. Candy!! We took the boys to the streets of Winnemucca last night to do the annual trick-or-treating and their buckets were quickly weighted with all that sugar contained in those colorful candy wrappers. My handsome boys--the Artist, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan--were quite the trio as they knocked on doors every so politely. I'll admit to a moment when Andy and I stood in the street and hearing our older two boys in unison say "trick-or-treat" we looked at each other with eyes wide and filled with tears. I can't exactly say what it was that triggered that overwhelming emotion, but more than likely it was the simple fact of them becoming even more grown up....how did we get here so fast?! We can let them walk up the front path to a stranger's house by themselves to ask for candy?! Oyi!
 Before I post pictures of the boys in their get-up, I'll show off the artistic hand of my hubby as all my boys did the carving of our pumpkins this past weekend. The younger boys designed them and I must say, they have quite the creative eye!
 So, without further a due, enjoy the photos!!


Pumpkin carving time!!

A curious little Mason

Watching daddy ever so carefully....

Austin's is complete...glasses and all! :)


Carson's good-lookin' pumpkin!

mini-man Mason

Happy Fall!!

I love my boys!!!!!
 And here come the trick-or-treaters!!!


Austin--the Artist  Carson--Captain hook   Mason--Peter Pan  :)

it was a little chilly but we had a lot of fun!!

Trick or treating at Nanny's!

the Anderson Family of Five!
This morning, while the boys were eating breakfast, they had their pumpkin buckets, which were overflowing with candy, safely beside them taking each piece of candy out one at a time. Inspecting. Exclaiming! Keeping. Tossing. Counting. Sorting. And eventually finishing their breakfast after they decided which one they wanted after lunch. 
candy!!!!!!
Now that the hype of dressing up in costume is over and the holiday season is already becoming in full-swing (yes, my eyes have beheld a Christmas commercial or two) we are focused on my second favorite holiday (it's a close-second to Christmas)...Thanksgiving!! We have so much to be thankful for, countless blessings that we often take for granted. I think I'll go hug 2 of those blessings right now.....

1 comment:

Jen Anderson said...

So cute!! I wish we could have gotten to see the boys in their costumes in person!! Carson and Mason look adorable, and Austin looks so grown up!!!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...