Sunday, June 3, 2012

Austin is 7!!!!!

Every year as another son's birthday draws ever closer I always find myself saying, "I can't believe I have a ___ year old!" And this year is by no means any different....I can't believe I have a 7 year old!!! What?! Really?! My Austin is seven?! Yep. He really is. And I have heard from a variety of people how he suddenly seems more grown up. Phone conversations have gone from a matter of seconds to long-lasting minutes. After talking with him on the phone for his big day, both my mom and sister said "he sounds so much more grown up, even from a month ago!" Andy and I would have to agree.

We kept his family, Snoopy-themed, party simple with his fav. for dinner--Ribs cooked on the grill!! YUM! We also kept the birthday-party-trending dog theme with the main character being Snoopy...but it was just a lot of puppy stuff all around! When I asked him earlier in the day what he hoped he would get for his bday, he told me very matter-of-factly: "I want a puppy. You know, the kind where it's little and the kid opens the box with the little light brown puppy inside and it jumps out at you." Melt. My. Heart!! No, there would be no real live puppy this year, and probably won't be for quite a few years to come (don't quote me on this...I make no promises...) but we did our best to comply puppy-style in a whole lot of other ways. 

Here come the birthday pictures!!! :)
A Beignet birthday breakfast complete with gift from daddy....

...his own goblet!! :)



Carson and Pappy playing Frisbee

The grill-master cooking some delish ribs!!


Austin and PJ :)
  
Present time!!!


Thanks Heather! (and Mitch...)
puppy blanket!
 Some of Austin's awesome expressive faces while opening his many gifts....


He loves Target! (thanks Grandma!)



All set for fishing!




 Cake time!!


family photo op!

I love this boy!!

thanks Auntie Jen!


the Anderson ladies!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN ALAN!!!!

No comments:

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...