Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Taste of Fall...

Today is yet another gorgeously splendid fall day--overcast, the clouds bursting at their seams with droplets of water ready to fall any minute, a breath-taking crisp chill in the air, the sun peeking through every so often to remind us that we're not in the heat of winter yet, the smell of pumpkin wafting through the house, and now we wait for the trees to explode with their array of bold colorful arrangements. I love fall. I love my hooded sweatshirts. I love the changing of seasons as it's yet another reminder of the amazing Creator who gives us such beauty to enjoy! Just when we tire of one season, it's time to move on to the next. 

                                        (The boys making/coloring pictures for their new baby cousin!)














 We had to dig a little yesterday to find the "warmer" clothes in my boys' closets and it took a while for Mason to realize that this long piece of material flowing down his arm was staying there--it's not t-shirt weather today buddy! He quite humorously was trying to pull it off but when he excitedly heard the helicopter (ha-ca-ca-ca-ca...that's Mason language) fly overhead, all was forgotten as he pointed upward and gasped with a giggle. 

My mini-man Mason!
My niece Aven has been hanging out at our house the past two days and I must admit it's always fun having another girl around. :) Her and Mason are little buds and definitely two very busy toddlers but so fun to watch and listen to their "toddleresed" conversations. I caught them swinging their legs sitting side by side on the coffee table and shortly after that, "hiding out" underneath my roll top desk. Sneaky by nature?

Aven and Mason

Just too cute!!
We are busy baking away today amidst the normal occurrences, with a few other non-normals thrown in the mix! Carson is my little helper these days and he's always anxious to lend a hand. Ok, let's be honest...more often than not at least. :) 


CJ--ready to make some bread!
Mason watching intently



 Before I put the camera away, Carson said to me "mom, take one more picture of me in my cool hunting sweatshirt." How could I not oblige?!


Carson Jeffrey
And of course, I couldn't help but put a few more "updated" pictures of my adorable little nephew! PJ is doing well post-surgery and has been able to nurse, which is a huge praise! :) Please continue to pray for his little body to recover quickly, for wisdom for all the doctors, for strength and rest for Heather & Mitch (for the present and for what's to come), and for Daniel as he steps into his role as "big brother!" The five of us Anderson's are beyond excited to meet our new nephew/cousin and are just so thankful for God's continuing protective hand as each new day begins. 



A beautiful mama and her boy

A proud papa with PJ!

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Glad to hear PJ is doing well.. I didn't know Heather had a blog until I found it on your blog list. I read a few entries... her husband is a hoot! I will be praying for you guys as you travel out there... love your fun pictures!

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...