Sunday, October 16, 2011

Never a dull moment....

Having boys, there is never a dull moment in our days and when the eldest boy of them all is away, those "not so dull moments" are somehow heightened to the max. 
just enjoying the outdoors!

oh yes...that's Mason who climbed up to the top bunk! my little Monkey!

We have had our share of excitement the past few days with the simplicity of fun in rolling down a hill, an all-out movie night on a blanket (with a side of popcorn and hot cocoa--that nearly goes without saying), getting toys out of the closet that haven't been seen in months (it was like Christmas morning when the boys rediscovered these forgotten treasures) baking goodies, making a "hide-out" under the apple tree, games of hide and seek, craftiness galore, complete with gut-wrenching laughter, mainly thanks to the mini-man Mason who keeps us all in stitches when he gets on a roll. Yes, it's been busy and yes, I am tired. But it's a good tired. 
Austin's artwork

Carson's artwork




Mason squished a tiny bug with the chalk and he's saying "uh--oooohhhh"



race time!

Carson lining 'em up!


Amidst the laughter there were tears, along with the hiding and seeking came the "but he's cheating", intertwined with the finger-painting appeared 10 smaller fingers wanting to be a part of the action. (sorry...no camera for that one...I was more concerned with getting it off his fingers rather than off my walls) I probably could have used a little more coffee some-days, as well as a bit more patience, and maybe some added chocolate of some sort. 
I know...just look at that face.....


...but it was quickly back to being goofy and laughing!!
All in all, I tried to dwell on the moments that I know will pass me by all too soon because every day my boys grow up just a little bit more...those moments when I just sat and watched my sons play, soaked in the fact that they have quite the imaginations, took advantage to talk about our Creator God as we start to see the golden and red hues of color start to appear in our backyard, listened to Mason speak new words with his own little dialect and even attempt to hum the tune "Jesus Loves Me" when I laid him down for his nap. 

                                         
               
(finger painting time!!!!!)
I don't think this one needs any explaining...
Tired, but grateful. Wanting some serious "me time" but not wanting to miss any amount of "mom time." God has sustained me, and in His perfect way also given me prime opportunities for my faith to be stretched and grown. He truly is my Rock...and with HIM, you are guaranteed to never have a dull moment!!

3 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I was just thinking... give it 10 years and you will be having "you" time... all the boys will be out on the big hunt! Wow... isn't that a scary thought!!!! It is fun seeing the fun you all had this weekend... these memories are gonna stick with you forever! Go grab some chocolate and the phone... we need a catch up!

Amy Lyttle said...

Thanks for this post. I was just reminded this morning that our children are God's gift to us, as His reward. They bring purpose and stability into our earthly life as parents. They are the only assets of this life that we can enjoy eternally. They are worth investing in!!

Jen Anderson said...

Your apple tree is so pretty!! The girls ate two of the apples yesterday after we left your house, and when kyle got home last night Jovi was in the fridge within a couple minutes to get the other two out to show him. She was all proud of herself for picking them :) Thanks for giving her that sweet memory!!
Love the pic of the boys in the tub going all Home Alone. <3

Give 'em Tools

Ever since Andy and I signed that purchase agreement making us the owners of our very first home on Brookview Drive in Burnsville, Minnesota...